Saturday, July 12, 2014

Heading into river sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri

Heading into the river sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri, 12 July 2014, acrylics on watercolor paper 9 x 12 inches.

I, Gloria Poole, RN, artist of Missouri, wanted this sketch to look as if I was seated in a tri-hull motor boat headed into the river that sort of curves around the bend. In my first marriage, we had a tri-hull motor boat with an 85 hp Mercury outboard motor on it. That boat could almost fly across the water! I loved that boat.  Some of the best times of my life,were on that boat, or skiing behind it, or swimming after jumping overboard.  There is a huge lake in northeast Georgia and this sketch reminds me of it. I spent some happy hours on that lake. My daughters Jennifer and Leigh were very young then, and Jennifer learned to ski the first time she tried at age FIVE, and skiied literally all around the lake with her daddy driving the boat, and me watching nervously from the back to pull her in if she fell. She didn't. I was amazed!  

For the record: I am a white, single again, Southern Baptist Christian woman and the mother of only two children who are grown daughters named Jennifer and Leigh; and an artist in all mediums, a poet, author, photographer, writer, blogger, prolife activist, Registered Nurse licensed in Missouri and republican. 

Copyright notice: this blog and all content of it belongs exclusively to me Gloria Poole of Missouri, and it may not be transferred to anyone, nor saved to disk, nor downloaded, nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me. I, Gloria Poole, created all art on this blog and signed all art on this blog and photographed it and uploaded it, and own all rights to it. 
Gloria Poole / gloriapoole / Gloria / artist-gloriapoole / gloria-poole / gloria.poole / Gloria Poole, RN, artist / Poole.Gloria / Ms. Gloria Poole / gloriapoole.RN / gloria0817 / gpoole817  and other variations of my real, born with, legal name of Gloria Poole; at my own, private apt in Missouri, 12 July 2014 at 6:56pm.